These pages are an archive for the Florida UU Women and Religion chapter that dissolved in 2010. Continental UUW&R is maintaining the site and seeking news of UU women in Florida to include. Fortunately the NE Florida Cluster women continue the retreat tradition with an event each Spring. Watch the UU Women's Events list at right for info!
Please peruse the Conference and Retreat Guides written by Rev. Barbara Child and updated by the FLUUWR group. We think the Guides can serve as a good solid basis for your group to modify for their own, and we invite you to do so! Please send any comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Blessed Be!
- Give people a chance to introduce themselves. (Invite everyone to wear their name tags throughout.)
- Thank the people who have helped with preparations behind the scenes. Introduce site manager(s) if appropriate.
- Give people an idea of what to expect during the retreat, and assure them that they are free to opt out if they would rather nap or walk or do something solitary at a given time.
- Explain about the importance of freedom to speak frankly, or to not speak — and about confidentiality.
- Give people a chance to ask questions about plans for the retreat or whatever else they need to know.
- Hand out participant list, with addresses and phone numbers of everyone present.*
* FLW & R policy: The participant list prepared at each event will indicate that: "This list is only for the personal, non-business use of each participant." (2-11-96)