The classic women's circle study course!
by Rev. Shirley Ann Ranck, PhD
IN ANCIENT TIMES: This five-session Volume I of the popular adult religious education curriculum includes an introductory section featuring author Shirley's Ranck's "Statement of Feminist Thealogy," Elinor Artman's "Brief Herstory of Cakes," and Nancy Vedder-Shults, "Baking Cakes for the Queen of Heaven."
Challenging the System that Binds Us
Topics in the seven two-hour sessions include gender, religion, feminism, economics, invisibility and denial, and how to challenge the patriarchal system.
Participants and co-leaders:
- Examine religious writings that influence our beliefs about women and men
- Study how the patriarchal system shapes women and men
- Identify and practice confronting patriarchal actions by organizations, other people, and ourselves
By Melinda Morris Perrin. Thirteen sessions for a year of study in a circle of friends.
For more information, permissions or copies, contact:
400 Bradbury Street
Scotia, NY 12302
or melindaperrin [at] msn.com
To obtain a copy of Priscilla Herdman's CD, "Into the Stars," go to www.priscillaherdman.com
A six-session spiritual journey for pre-teen girls and their mothers
Meetings at the Moon is an opportunity for mothers and daughters to hear and tell sacred stories, create sacred artifacts, sing and dance together and to share a new relatedness based on our developing physical, mental, emotional and spiritual selves.
Rev. Joanne Giannino is a Unitarian Universalist minister who has served congregations in Massachusetts, Illinois, Vermont and Arizona. Inspired by the class Cakes for the Queen of Heaven, she wrote Meetings at the Moon while serving as Director of Religious Education at the First Parish Bridgewater, UU in Bridgewater, MA.
A Woman-honoring Journey into Global Earth-based Spiritualities by Elizabeth Fisher
Originally published by the UUWF in 1995, this multicultural and multimedia course has been experienced by thousands around the world. Many have been profoundly moved by its exciting exploration of sacred narratives that honor the cross cultural female divine, as well as the many diverse and creative activities included.
This re-release contains all the original content but is more flexible. RiseUp website is updated often with more resources! See www.RiseUpandCallHerName.com.
Complete Kit contains:
- Leader's Guide to 13 individual sessions, each running from 2-3 hours-with complete facilitation notes, orientation essays and group leadership guidelines; also suitable for solo use. Spiral bound.
- Two hour DVD of woman-honoring sacred art, both ancient and contemporary, that is sensitively narrated in 11 individual segments with full color menu.
- Music CD of chants, songs, stories, and instrumental selections which express the emotional essence of the journey. Selections playable in any order.
- 385 page Sourcebook in an e-book searchable file comprised of background and resources. It is recommended that each participant have a copy of this file or a printed version of this Sourcebook to use for home study. E-book can be shared with participants.